Re: Control header sent with done email didn't do what I expected, should it have?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> Thank you! A canonical answer at last.

The reason why it wasn't implemented for -done and -forwarded is because
the psuedoheader parsing for -done is pretty different, and we aren't
doing any parsing for -forwarded.

There's no technical reason why it couldn't be done for both, but at the
time I implemented it, I didn't fully understand how much utility people
would find from it. [I underestimated the value of being able to mail
multiple bugs at the same time and use "Control: tag -1 foo".]

[Enabling it for nnn@ was really just a case of that happening for free
when I enabled it for submit@.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com