Re: lpr/lpd

On Mon, 2023-09-25 at 12:08 +0900, Simon Richter wrote:

> What I'd like to see is something like
>
>      No installed packages are looking for a new maintainer.

That is what how-can-i-help does, except it doesn't print anything when
there have been no changes to the status of packages on the system, nor
when there are no packages installed that are known to need work.

> And ideally, that check would be quick and use information already on
> the system at this point, maybe a supplemental file under indices/ that
> can be downloaded during an update.

Currently how-can-i-help does online checks, but it should be possible
to have it add an apt hook to download the necessary files from UDD.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise