usertagging file conflicts [Was: Re: /usr-merge: continuous archive analysis]

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 03:34:38PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> ## Usertagging bugs
>
> In order to avoid filing duplicates, I need a usertagging scheme for
> bugs. Are there opinions on what user I should use for this? In the
> simplest instance, I can use my DD login. Roughly speaking every issue
> type shall translate to an individual usertag. Is there a common usertag
> for undeclared file conflicts to reuse?

I did not see any replies towards this aspect. I researched the
situation and found that a longer while ago abi@grinser.de and later
abi@debian.org used qa-file-conflict. I also discovered that Adreas uses
debian-qa@lists.debian.org together with replaces-without-breaks, which
is not what I'm looking for, but closely related.

Then I found treinen@debian.org using edos-file-overwrite. That latter
one seems like what I need here. Should we move it to the qa space and
drop the edos part? I suggest debian-qa@lists.debian.org usertags
file-overwrite.  Otherwise, Ralf are you ok with me reusing your tag?

What are the precise semantics of the tag? I imagine that it should only
be filed against binary packages (one or more) and never with source
packages. In case the causing package is known, it should be filed with
the causing package and a version while other binary packages should be
listed in affects. Otherwise, the bug should be filed against all
involved binary packages. It is ok to group related conflicts by filing
against multiple binary packages. These bugs should normally be release
critical.

These semantics allow machine consumption and facilitate avoiding
duplicates in an automatic bug filing (to be agreed to).

Does anyone have any objections to using this tag with these semantics?
It would be most useful if other people filing such bugs would start
using this usertag of course. :)

I'm adding as possible metadata update at the end of this mail. It only
handles conflicts involving possibly aliased paths though as those are
my primary interest here.

Helmut

user debian-qa@lists.debian.org
# android-libnativehelper/bullseye-backports vs android-libnativehelper-dev/bullseye
usertags 1040323 + file-overwrite
affects 1040323 + android-libnativehelper-dev
# cadabra2/bullseye vs python3-notebook
usertags 1036021 + file-overwrite
affects 1036021 + python3-notebook
# discodos/unstable vs mono-devel
usertags 966115 + file-overwrite
affects 966115 + mono-devel
# firebird-utils/experimental vs firebird3.0-server
usertags 1040321 + file-overwrite
affects 1040321 + firebird3.0-server
# kodi-addons-dev/bullseye-backports vs kodi-addons-dev-common/bullseye
usertags 1040319 + file-overwrite
affects 1040319 + kodi-addons-dev-common
# occt vs oce mess
usertags 1037067 + file-overwrite
affects 1037067 + liboce-modeling-dev liboce-visualization-dev
# rawloader
usertags 1041299 + file-overwrite
affects 1041299 + libplucene-perl graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat
# qt6-base-dev/experimental vs libqt6opengl6-dev
usertags 1041300 + file-overwrite
affects 1041300 + libqt6opengl6-dev
# nex vs nvi
usertags 1022957 + file-overwrite
affects 1022957 + nvi
# nfs-ganesha-ceph/bullseye-backports vs nfs-ganesha/bullseye
usertags 1040362 + file-overwrite
affects 1040362 + nfs-ganesha