Re: proposal: dhcpcd-base as standard DHCP client starting with Trixie

    Lukas> That would lead to a situation where users would need to
    Lukas> differentiate what system they are on when doing their
    Lukas> network configuration: Debian Cloud (Netplan)

No, I think if the user is feeding configuration into a cloud image
other than through cloud-init, we don't need netplan unless the user
wants it.
If they want netplan they can install it.
Ifg you are feeding config through cloud-init, you are already
differentiating your config because of cloud-init.

Lukas> vs Desktop
    Lukas> (NetworkManager) vs Server (systemd-networkd)

I think this differentiation is valuable.

Because of the following two issues, I retract my support for d-i
outputting netplan config in the wifi case:

1) It already generates NetworkManager config

2) As Simon points out, generating raw NetworkManager config is going to
have better user experience if the user later edits the config.

--Sam