Re: Enabling branch protection on amd64 and arm64

Am Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 05:41:36PM +0200 schrieb Emanuele Rocca:
> Hey Moritz,
>
> On 2022-10-26 08:20, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> > I think this should rather be applied early after the Bookworm
> > release (and ideally we can also finish off the necessary testing
> > and add -fstack-clash-protection at least for amd64 and other archs
> > which are ready for it (#918914)).
>
> Can we go ahead with the dpkg patch now, any specific tests you had in
> mind before applying it?

Note that I'm not the one driving this change (I'll start a separate
thread for -fstack-clash-protection in the next days), but the original
request was from Wookey.

Personally I think now at the beginning of the new development cycle
is the ideal time to start this.

Cheers,
        Moritz