Re: [Pkg-opencl-devel] opencl-icd virtual package(s)?

On 19/06/2023 06.10, Paul Wise wrote:
On Sun, 2023-06-18 at 07:28 +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:

Hence, such a package would need to Depend on or Recommend *all* the
ICDs, similar to xorg-xserver-video-all.

Ah. So considering what Vincent said, something like this?

Should we distinguish between the device types CPU and GPU?
CPU devices are likely available on buildds, ci-infrastructure, ...

AFAICS CPU would be pocl-opencl-icd (but only available on x86, arm), all others should be GPU. (pocl supports more devices, e.g. cuda, vulkan, ... but so far we only build and ship the cpu drivers)

pocl (cpu) builds for most platforms, but selftests are failing due to wrong results which seems to be a code generation issue either in pocl or llvm.

    Package: some-opencl-using-package
    Recommends: opencl-icd-all | opencl-icd
   Package: opencl-icd-all
    Section: metapackages
    Depends:
     beignet-opencl-icd,
     intel-opencl-icd,
     mesa-opencl-icd,
     pocl-opencl-icd,
   Package: opencl-icd-all-non-free
    Section: non-free/metapackages
    Depends:
     opencl-icd-all-free,
     nvidia-legacy-340xx-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-legacy-390xx-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-418-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-450-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-460-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-470-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-510-opencl-icd,
     nvidia-tesla-opencl-icd,

The nvidia bits must be an ored list of alternatives, we don't want to pull in more than one driver. Leaving out all the EoL and transitional bits, this boils down to
  nvidia-opencl-icd | nvidia-tesla-opencl-icd | nvidia-tesla-470-opencl-icd
for bookworm and trixie (at least for now, but I don't expect a new nvidia driver split (due to cards getting deprecated) soon)

Andreas