Re: [Pkg-opencl-devel] opencl-icd virtual package(s)?

Hi,

On 6/19/23 01:37, Vincent Danjean wrote:

All we can do with the dependency system (not yet done) would be to force a dependency on a new virtual package to ensure that at least one ICD with the correct minimal version is available.

I'm not sure if this is really possible (is it possible to install several packages providing the same virtual package ?)

Yes, that is fine. The typical pattern for most packages that provide virtual packages is to also conflict with the same virtual package, because that doesn't make sense, but if you don't declare that conflict, packages will happily co-install.

Since these provide a shared library with a fixed name, the ICD loaders either need to conflict or provide alternatives.

   Simon