Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal

On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 05:57:49PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> RFC on d-d-a? That's at least less heavy than a GR and yet way more
> visible than just a thread on d-d.

The problem with doing an RFC on d-d-a is that it doesn't give us a clear,
timeboxed path to converging on a decision if we find that there isn't
consensus.  If we need more assurance that the project supports the
decision, I think it's better to go straight for a GR.

I wouldn't like this to drag on too long into the trixie release cycle.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/