Future of GNU/kFreeBSD in the debian-ports archive

Dear GNU/kFreeBSD porters,

Over the past year, GNU/kFreeBSD hasn't seen any significant
development. After reaching out to various individuals involved, it
seems unlikely that the situation will change in the foreseeable future.
Here are some statistics that support this observation:

- The last buildd upload for kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 was over a
  year ago.
- There have been no porter uploads for kfreebsd-i386 in the past year.
- In the last year, only 11 porter uploads for kfreebsd-amd64 have been
  recorded, with the most recent one occurring over two months ago.
- Only approximately 30% of the packages on these architectures are
  up-to-date.

With my ports-master hat, I think it is time to consider the removal of
both the kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 architectures from the
debian-ports archive. I would like to emphasize that packages will still
be available on snapshot.d.o for anyone interested in reviving the port.

In any case, I am waiting for feedback, and I will wait for at least a
month before taking any action.

Regards
Aurelien

aurelien@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net