Consultation on license documents

Hello, I have the following questions to consult and look forward to your authoritative answers.
1. Must various software packages in the Debian community contain a license file "license.txt"? Without this file, how does the users know about the license usage of the package?
2. I found that each software package has a "Copyleft" document, and a lot of license information is also listed in this document. Therefore, I would like to ask, when the two documents "license.txt" and "Copyleft" exist in the software package at the same time, which one should the user take as the basis, and how to deal with the situation where the declared license information of the two documents is inconsistent, Which shall prevail?
3. If the software package only contains "Copyleft" documents, can users refer to the license information declared in this document?