Re: Hoping to donate/sell a Talos II motherboard

On 01/03/2023 03:37, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

On Tuesday, February 28, 2023, <jbranso@dismail.de <mailto:jbranso@dismail.de>> wrote:
 > Hello you fabulous developers!
 >
> My friend has a spare Talos II motherboard that is currently sitting in his house
 > in Indiana USA collecting dust.
 >
 > https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/ <https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/>
 >
> I have convinced him to donate/sell it to an open source project or developer.
 >
> I reached out to Richard Stallman, and he agreed to take the board. I am certain that the > FSF would put it to good use.  My friend and I have not yet decided, to whom we will give > the motherboard.  Is it possible that I could give it to someone or project, such that all
 > parties here would benefit?

i am reasonably certain that Toshaan Bharvani would be
prepared to do that although he would need to speak for
himself.
Yes, please, I am interested.
I would use it for PowerEL, LibreBMC and LibreSOC.
All open source projects.
Is this just a board or also a CPU?

the other option would be to donate it to the University of
Oregon who already have POWER9 systems that are accessible
to FOSS projects via the "OpenPOWER Hub".  cc'ing Sameer
as well.

(in case that wasn't clear: FOSS projects can *already*, right
now, apply for access to POWER9 systems, do i have that right,
Sameer?)

--
---
crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68 <https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68>