-ffile-prefix-map option and reproducibility

Hi,

When building packages, a -ffile-prefix-map option is automatically injected into CFLAGS. Where does it come from? Since when?

I suspect this was added to improve reproducibility. Ironically, it makes packages that capture this variable non reproducible, since the build path seems to be randomized (has it always been the case? since when?). It is the case of OCaml (see #1030785), and seemingly of R as well (found by grepping in my /etc). I wouldn't be surprised other packages are affected as well.

Is there a way to not get this option? More elegant than explicitly filtering it out of CFLAGS in debian/rules...

Cheers,

--
Stéphane