Re: [DEVEL] Enable support for Renesas platform (section: live images)

On 19/11/2022 09:56, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 15:20 +0700, Huỳnh Thành Hưng wrote:
I’m from Renesas Electronics Corporation,

My group is developing to support running Debian OS on our devices,
also for getting ARM System Ready IR certificate.
Can you help me to enable those configs, also support the official
release version of Debian Live Installer ISO which support Renesas
platform?

Debian does not yet support the ARM architecture at all with our live
images, please contact the Debian Live Team about that. Currently the
live images for the future Debian bookworm release are not being built,
but that may change before the final release.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Live

I posted a summary about the current status of the live images a few minutes ago: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2022/11/msg00221.html

Given that Debian Stable (hence its name) is stable and will receive bug fixes, but not typically additional features, I would recommend you to target Bookworm (the next release).

If you want to create live images, I recommend you to take a look at the online manual at https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/index.en.html The scripts can be highly customised, e.g. to contain custom kernels (see 8.2.10)

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus