Re: Porter roll call for Debian Bookworm

On 2021-10-02 11:57 +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are doing a roll call for porters of all prospective release
> architectures.  If you are an active porter behind one of these
> architectures [1] and intend to continue for the development cycle of
> Debian Bookworm (est. release mid-2023), please respond with a signed
> email containing the following before Saturday, January 1, 2022:

Oops, too slow!

>  * Which architectures are you committing to be an active porter for?

arm64, amrhf, armel

>  * Please describe recent relevant porter contributions.

Manage the arm buildds at ARM.

Worked on packaging AI/ML stuff
Worked with rust team on unbunging
Help with give-backs
Look at build issues brought to the attention of the debian-arm list

>  * Are you running/using Debian testing or sid on said port(s)?

Largely only for building. I tend to run stable on boxes doing real
work but switch to testing for half a release on development
machines. I've never been a 'run sid on real machines' sort of person.

>  * Are you testing/patching d-i for the port(s)?

Yes. I have a pretty good understanding of how it works, and sometimes
test/fix things on new (to me) hardware, or when people ask about
specific things.

>   I am an active porter for the following architectures and I intend to
>   continue for the development cycle of Debian Bookworm
>   (est. release mid-2023):
>
>   For <ARCH>, I
   - test (most|all) packages on this architecture
      I have an arm64 desktop running stable and arm64/armhf/armel build machines
      I run an armhf home server (cubietruck) and an armel (Balloon) home controller
      I have various test hardware boards/machines
>   - run a Debian testing or unstable system on port that I use regularly
   - fix toolchain issues
   - triage arch-specific bugs (recent example is spurious neon instructions in init code: 982794, 998043,
   - fix arch-related bugs
   - test d-i sometimes
   - fix d-i bugs/issues
   - maintain buildds (@ARM Cambridge site - reboots, network moves, new hard-drives + fans,
      justifying functionality that we need to ARM corporate security who like to turn things
      off, assuring them that we have already (usually) dealt with this week's security scare)

I plan to do an armhf-64-bit-timet rebuild soon, to provide info on breakage and help plan that transition

I will probably be retiring from paid debian work at ARM within a year
or so. Which probably means handing the buildd admin off to someone as
it'll make access a lot easier.

That won't change my debian-arm focus much, but it will probably
change it a bit (away from AI, towards core arch activities and my
personal packages). I'm not sure how much of my current test hardware
I'll get to keep...

   I am a DD (since 2000)

   Wookey

Wookey