Re: Epoch for node-markdown-it

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 14:55:13 +0200, Wouter Verhelst
<wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>Someone using 22.something rather than 12.something in a version number,
>to me, sounds like someone making a "serious mistake".
>
>So this is *exactly* what epochs are meant for!

Exactly my feeling. In the last years, we have been taking away the
reasons for using epochs one by one, making me wonder whether we
should keep that component of our version numbers in the first place
..

>The something+reallysomethingelse convention is evil and should never
>have been invented in the first place. It's extremely confusing to
>users, and an epoch is *hidden* from them.

... because it has been totally confusing to me since I started using
Debian that epochs are not always shown.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |