Re: Automatic trimming of changelogs in binary packages

On Thu, 2022-08-18 at 21:18 +0200, Gioele Barabucci wrote:

> Does anybody have objective objections against activating automatic
> changelog trimming in binary packages?

Before we consider enabling this by default, first we need a way for
`apt changelog` to download the full changelog rather than loading the
changelog from /usr/share/doc in the currently installed package.

Otherwise people who want to look at the full changelog for the
currently installed version of the package will have no easy way to do
so. They will have to manually find it instead, which isn't exactly an
easy process if you do not know where the changelogs are stored online.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise