Re: use of Recommends by vlc to force users to use pipewire

On 2022-05-30 14:30:38 +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> Le lun. 30 mai 2022 à 12:55, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> a écrit :
> >  a) pipewire package enables pipewire service by default
>
> Indeed, but pipewire service doesn't take control of audio over
> pulseaudio. Only pipewire-pulse does that.

This is incorrect. The pipewire-pulse package was not installed
at all (pipewire-pulse had been installed automatically in
October 2021 due to dependencies, but the change was reverted,
and the package got removed on my machine 3 days later).

I don't know whether this could cause the issue, but
pipewire-media-session was installed, because pipewire-bin
recommends it. There were already issues with it in the past:

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1271014/accepted-pipewire-0339-3-source-into-unstable/
which says:

   * Remove pipewire-media-session from Recommends.
       (Closes: #995116, #996994, #997859)

But pipewire-bin still has:

Recommends: dbus-user-session, pipewire-media-session | wireplumber, rtkit