Re: Correct version and revision of upstream packaged Debian package

Quoting Andrey Rahmatullin (2022-05-20 10:10:34)
>> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 10:22:55AM +0300, Tuukka Pasanen wrote:
> > Thing that like to ask should revision it be more like '+maria~deb11' or
> > +mariadeb11. I understood that char '~' means it's build from upstream
> > version control not from official release tag.

Use suffix "+maria1" (where "1" is bumped for each new release you make derived from same Debian package.

> It only makes sense to use '+maria~deb11' if you are going to
> also release '+maria' that needs to sort after all of those, or if you are
> using/going to use some '+maria+foo' scheme(s) that, again, need to sort
> after all of '+maria~foo'.

Not true: It *is* helpful that you include a "distro label" as part of
your version suffix - as documented here:
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Packages

Please consider registering your Debian addendum as our derivatives census at https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

Thanks for asking this question,

 - Jonas