Re: Automated copyright reviews using REUSE/SPDX as alternative to DEP-5

Russ Allbery left as an exercise for the reader:
> My intuition (I admit that I haven't done a survey) is that Files-Excluded
> is less frequently used for cases where upstream has not done license
> verification and is more frequently used for cases where upstream
> disagrees with Debian over what is and is not free software.  (IETF RFCs
> are a sadly common example.)

just as a personal example, i've got a fairly elaborate
Files-Excluded [0] for freely-distributed but DFSG-incompatible
media included with my upstream tarballs. doing so was easier
than trying to recreate e.g. jpegs as GIMP xcfs.

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/notcurses/-/blob/master/debian/copyright#L9

--
nick black -=- https://www.nick-black.com
to make an apple pie from scratch,