Re: Lottery NEW queue (Re: Are libraries with bumped SONAME subject of inspection of ftpmaster or not

Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> writes:

> Quoting Vincent Bernat (2022-01-25 21:38:01)
>> I didn't comment at first because I thought someone else would raise
>> the idea. But it seems people still like the idea of a NEW queue. Not
>> me. The NEW queue is a hindrance.
>
> For the record, I don't "like" the NEW queue.
>
> I don't like current copyright laws, and I suspect a fair amount of
> people involved in Free Software doesn't.
>
> I just don't think the solution is to ignore copyright or licensing
> statements.

To me, the elephant in the room is this question: Does the way the NEW
queue currently works provide good (good enough?) assurances to
ourselves that we are *not* ignoring copyright or licensing?

It feels like we are answering "yes" based on the amount of heroic work
the FTP masters put in, and the amount of waiting developers have to
suffer through. We're gauging our solution to a problem solely by the
amount of effort, sweat and tears we put in, so to speak.

 Best,
 Gard