Re: MBF: please drop transitional dummy package foo (if they were part of two releases or more)

hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 08:47:06PM +0200, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > again, I'm planning an small mass bug filing against obsolete transitional
> > packages,  which are at least marked "dummy transitional" since the buster release,
>
> Thanks for taking care of this!
>
> But I'm wondering if this wouldn't be a perfect task for a Debian Janitor fixer
> script, have you considered filing a task for this? After all those transitional
> deps are reliably detectable and fixable.

actually there's already a bug, #982655 (cc:ed), titled "scrub-obsolete: replace
dependencies on transitional or removed packages" which I believed could be extended
to also cover removing transitional packages which have been present for more than
2 releases.

Jelmer, do you agree or do you want another bug for this feature request?

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

If we'd ban all cars from cities tomorrow, next week we will wonder why we
waited for so long.