Re: Please, minimize your build chroots

El 16/12/22 a las 18:55, Andreas Metzler escribió:
I am wondering if there is point to this or whether policy should be
changed? Is there some value in investing work in having packages
buildable without Prioriry required packages?

Please do not misrepresent what I said.

I never proposed such thing ("without priority required packages").

I propose that we follow Policy as closely as we reasonably can,
and Policy says this:

If build-time dependencies are specified, it must be possible to build
the package and produce working binaries on a  system with only essential
and build-essential packages installed and also those required to satisfy
the build-time relationships (including any implied relationships).

This is the policy we should follow to build packages, not the paragraph
you quoted about what disaster may happen if you deinstall a required package
in a general sense.

Certainly uninstalling tzdata does not prevent you from installing it again
using dpkg and apt.

Maybe the paragraph you quoted have to be reworded, yes, but that was not
the purpose of my initial email.

Thanks.