Re: debian/watch: Ignoring pre-release on GittHub

Hi,

2022年12月8日(木) 20:40 Andrius Merkys <merkys@debian.org>:

> On 2022-12-08 12:59, Kentaro Hayashi wrote:
> > 2022年12月5日(月) 16:41 Stephan Lachnit <stephanlachnit@debian.org>:
> >>
> >> You can try to take a look at the GitHub API, e.g. [1].
> >>
> >> Inside is an `prerelease` entry. Not sure how easy this is to
> >> implement in uscan though.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Stephan
> >>
> >> [1]: https://api.github.com/repos/lutris/lutris/releases?per_page=100
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Instead of writing complicated rules,
> > it may be better to support such an API in uscan internals.
>
> I believe redirectors are more appropriate for that. Internals of uscan
> are relatively uncomplicated and do not know any site-specific APIs.

I didn't know redirector well, after that, yes, fakeupstream.cgi can
 support  such an API, and it is appropriate if I only need to detect
whether it is
pre-release or not.

Even though it is not enough to hide API specific internal
such as auto-generated archive or attached assets in d/watch,
it is practically enough because we accept writing site-specific
d/watch as of now [1]

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch

Thanks,

--