Re: rebootstrap status update for Loongarch

Quoting Zhang Ning (2022-11-03 11:45:17)
> 6, gcc, binutils: need help, I don't know how to submit a patch to Debian toolchain-team, don't accept a poll request.
>
> 7, m4, diffutils: need help, I don't know where is correct upstream[1][2], the patch[3][4] is for generated files, but Debian source has these files, thus how can I submit these patch to Debian source? these two packages don't have VCS.
>
> 8, newt: need help, build failed without python. cdebconf and base-passwd are skipped.
>
> 9, gmp: pass with manuall cross_build action, need help.
>
> 10, libffi: need help, I don't know how to submit a patch to debian libffi, no VCS.

In Debian, for packages having a VCS is still optional in 2022. And for those
packages that do have a VCS, it up to them whether or not they enable receiving
merge requests.

What works for all packages in Debian is to send patches as a bug to the Debian
bugtracking system. So just file a bug against the source packages in question
and attach your patch to the bug.

So you can either send all your patches to the bugtracker in the first place
(because all source packages accept that way to submit patches) or (and that's
what I do) first check if the source package is on salsa and receiving merge
requests and submit the patch there and fall back to the bugtracker if there is
no reaction to my merge request on salsa.

Thanks!

cheers, josch