Re: Firmware GR result - what happens next?

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2022-10-02):
>   + ftpsync (?)

I don't think that's needed. Using buster's and more recently bullseye's
version, I have this locally:

    drwxr-xr-x 4 mirror mirror 4096 Jul 19 04:16 /srv/mirrors/debian/dists/bookworm/non-free-firmware/by-hash/

which matches when dak's config got updated with that extra component.

The git tree has a bin/archive_release that lists components explicitly
but it doesn't end up in any binary packages (there's a single ftpsync,
and it's not shipped there). Furthermore the 'non-free' string doesn't
appear in any of the files below debian/ftpsync/ after a build, so the
package doesn't look like it needs an update for that (even though a lot
of work happened in master since the last tag/release).

Cheers,