Jack client in PipeWire [was: Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio]

Hi,

Le 29/09/2022 à 05:02, Sam Hartman a écrit :

* If you do need jackd for real because pipewire's jack isn't quite good
   enough, pipewire's jack client didn't work at all last time I used
   it.  So you may be forced to shut down wireplumber and pipewire and
   start up pulseaudio.
FWIW, I did manage to get a jack client in pipewire by setting

["alsa.jack-device"] = true

in the alsa_monitor.properties block of .config/wireplumber/main.lua.d/50-alsa-config.lua

It creates a jack_client device that you can set on or off.

In my case I did that because some librtaudio apps misbehave with the current pipewire jack emulation (VCV Rack in this case) if you don't force the sample rate/size and using native jack makes it better (since native jack doesn't allow live change of sample rate anyway).

HTH,

--
nodens

--