Re: transition to usrmerge to start around 2022-09-15 (next Thursday)

* Ansgar <ansgar@debian.org> [220910 09:37]:
> the transition to usrmerge as described in [1] is planned to start
> around 2022-09-15 (next Thursday).
[snip]
> We will send an announcement to debian-devel-announce@ once the upload
> to unstable happens.

What is the point in waiting until after the upload to send to
debian-devel-announce?  I would think that most users running
testing/unstable would want prior notice, and you shouldn't assume that
all users will read their mail before performing a routine
update/upgrade cycle on the morning after the upload.  I don't think
everyone running testing/unstable reads debian-devel, so I think it
would be appropriate to send to -announce at least one (two?) day(s)
before the upload.

...Marvin