Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

Hi all

On 25-08-2022 02:43, Paul Wise wrote:
I don't think Build-Architecture header is done yet?

Neither do I.

Although since we
build all arch:all packages on amd64 machines now I don't think this is
needed for throwing away NEW binaries?

In testing and on release architectures, I'm only aware [1] of one that can't build arch:all+arch:any binaries on amd64 (cmucl), but even that one builds its arch:all binaries on amd64. I'm wondering if there are packages where this is a known issue (and with the missing header, is there a way the outside world can track this)? I recall some ports have a not-for-us list, is that exposed for amd64?

So probably the feature is ready to be enabled, although maybe after
the bookworm release is the best time to enable it in case there is any
unforeseen autocruft/(re)bootstrap/other fallout.

I think there's still time to fix stuff if we enable it soon.

Paul

[1] https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/src_testing_main/index.html (difference between amd64 and each)