Re:  Re: questionable massive auto-removal: buggy deps nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 01:03:11PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> 2022, മേയ് 28 8:42:22 PM IST, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>ൽ എഴുതി
> >On 5/27/22 09:48, Paul Gevers wrote:
> >> Patches welcome. Code is here:
> >> https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/release-tools/-/blob/master/mailer/mail_autoremovals.pl
> >
> >IMO, if nobody has time to do it, the person who designed the tool should take care of fixing it. Instead of sending 536 mail, it should be sending a single mail with 536 entries in it... And it's not the first time I'm writing this.
>
> If we don't have volunteers, may be we can fund this?

Thanks for opening issue on the corresponding repo.

> I also got 1000s of emails from js team.
> I think this is a horribly broken design with very high impact on contributors. Some just don't contribute in js team because of high volume emails.

I unsubbed off js-team ML a couple of months ago due to similar reasons. I was getting more than 100 emails
per day, and it would blow up to a few 100s when there was a mass bug filing/autorm going.
I do, however contribute to JS team sometimes.

--
Best,
Nilesh