Correct version and revision of upstream packaged Debian package

Hello,

After reading couple times Debian Policy documentation packaging conventions and especially '5.6.12.2. Special version conventions' chapter. I'm bit confused about revision system. As MariaDB Foundation wants to provide upstream packages and currently naming scheme conflicts when upgrading from Buster to Bullseye something should be done to solve situation.

Currently revision is for example: '10.6.7+maria~buster' which upgrades '10.6.7+maria~bullseye' which is lexical orderly lower than first one. To understand this bug report can be found here: https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-28628 which contain more info about how apt works with current situation.

Thing that like to ask should revision it be more like '+maria~deb11' or +mariadeb11. I understood that char '~' means it's build from upstream version control not from official release tag. As I seek for examples there is packages which just add '+' chars in revision when needed extra stuff and then revision is just build number without .

So I like to know is there any common or tasked knowledge about how this can be done correctly which I'm no aware of? If someone can point out that I'm more than pleased to correct this thing.

Sincerely,
Tuukka