Re: Firmware: Scope of non-free-firmware

On 5/12/22 23:26, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, 2022-05-12 at 16:56 +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:

If protected by a debconf prompt (by default, doing nothing...), all
of your remarks are going away.

That means that people who only ever upgrade via unattended-upgrades or
other mechanisms that disable debconf/dpkg prompts etc aren't going to
see the prompt. At work we disable them even when upgrading from one
release to the next.

Yeah, of course, but this is because you know what you're doing. If you do, then you also probably read the release notes, don't you? :)

Here, we're trying to find a way to warn the people who don't know...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)