Re: Change package source name

2022, മേയ് 9 5:33:18 PM IST, Yadd <yadd@debian.org>ൽ എഴുതി
>On 09/05/2022 13:54, Yadd wrote:
>>

>> On 09/05/2022 12:56, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>> Quoting Yadd (2022-05-09 12:39:37)

>>> Switching *source* package need no coordination.
>
>That's the goal of this discussion ;-) and that's the reason I pushed node-regenerator to experimental.
>node-regenerator-* were not built from sources. src:node-regenerator builds those 2 packages and provides 2 new ones.
>
>>> Do you perhaps ask because at the same time you also bumped major
>>> version of *binary* packages?  If that's the case then (independent of
>>> the change of source package) those should be properly tested before
>>> pusing to unstable, and any breaking changes should be coordinated with
>>> affected reverse dependencies.
>
>There is no major update here, just an update from 0.13 to 0.15 (no changes for regenerator-runtime, little changes for regenerator-transform without any API changes).

Please at least assume compliance with semver.org which says 0.x version indicates development version and there is no guarantee minor versions don't break compatibility. So for 0.x version libraries even minor versions should be treated similar to major versions. Only when upstream has at least 1.0 release or higher we can assume backward compatible minor versions.

So please test all reverse (build) dependencies and file bugs if any breaks, wait for at least 2 weeks to give time for fixes (or fix them) and then only upload to unstable.