Re: autopkgtest/sbuild environment variables: LC_ALL, HOME, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR etc

Hi Julian,

On 28-04-2022 09:33, Julian Gilbey wrote:
It would be really useful to be able to set up my local sbuild
environment in the same way as the Debian machines (buildd and
ci.debian.net) for testing purposes.

As I've never used sbuild myself, I can't tell you how to set it up. But on ci.debian.net, we currently have the lxc backends which are setup with autopkgtest-build-lxc. Different backends may behave slightly different and we still have the ambition (but it will not happen any time soon I fear) to support isolation-machine which will be setup with a different tool.

I'm absolutely not convinced that on the buildds and on ci.debian.net the environment is setup "in the same way" so maybe your challenge has no possible outcome.

Paul