Re: shim-signed

]] The Wanderer

> I can't speak to how big of an advantage A is, but B seems to me to be
> pretty important.

It's a manual process that includes poking around in MS' partner portal,
USB HSMs stored in a safe place and rebooting to Windows, then checking
back days (and sometimes weeks) later to download the result.  It's not
something we would want to do for anything fast-moving.

> If that understanding is not correct, I'd be interested to learn what
> the actual point of having the shim is.

Part of it is also that Microsoft is not going to sign GPL-ed code,
certainly not GPLv3.

--
Tollef Fog Heen