Re: Firmware - what are we going to do about it?

  5. We could split out the non-free firmware packages into a new
     non-free-firmware component in the archive, and allow a specific exception
     only to allow inclusion of those packages on our official media. We would
     then generate only one set of official media, including those non-free >      firmware packages.

Aren't drivers already part of the non-free/kernel section? Maybe also query for the use::driver tag.