Re: debian-faq in NEW - or: remove documentation from the archive at all

Hi,

FYI: FAQ is published automatically upon uploading the package using cron script
which unpack deb package to www.debian.org pages.

So I think we can simply drop by hand if we put short static file in package archive
mirror containing something like:

---
For help, please see:
* https://www.debian.org/support
* FAQ https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#faq
* Debian Installation Guide https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#install
* Debian Release Notes https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#relnotes
---

or http://deb.debian.org/debian/doc/
more specifically http://deb.debian.org/debian/doc/FAQ/

> I think it would be better to send a dak patch turning the manual
> processing for debian-faq by-hand into automatic by-hand processing.
> There are multiple examples of automatic by-hand processing in dak,
> so it should not be very hard to do that.
>
> > Now that we no longer offer our mirrors via ftp

FTP protocol access was used in automatic script but that has been updated to use
HTTP protocol now.  So missing FTP access is not issue.  (This update was done long
after announced FTP-shutdown.  Somehow, it was working in the mean time.  So FTP may
had been available long after announcement for some mirror.)

This is only true for web mirrors: www.debiun.org

> > I guess most of the rationale for doing this is gone.
>
> I think the rationale remains the same; that the mirrors should have a
> readable copy of some Debian documentation. If anything I would argue
> that that documentation available there should be increased to also
> include the Debian install guide and perhaps other documentation.

How about my simpler solution above?