Re: writing REJECTED messages publicly on the ITP bugs (was: secnet_0.6.2_multi.changes REJECTED)

On 4/11/22 19:04, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Ian Jackson (2022-04-11 18:51:35)
For transparency, I am CCing this reply to debian-devel, and quoting
the whole of the REJECTED mail.  There does not seem to be anything in
here that ought to be private.  Please let me know if there is
somewhere better.  (I considered -legal but it didn't seem
appropriate.)

Since you ask: Seems to me that more suitable would be to file an ITP
bugreport and post followups like this to that bugreport.

Filing an ITP would also serve as an invitation for ftpmasters to post
their followup to that bugreport on their own.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

I'd approve if the FTP masters were doing this by default. I wouldn't mind if my (licensing or others) mistakes were discussed publicly.

So now I wonder what's the FTP team members (and other DDs) opinion about this. Maybe it'd be nicer to have an opt-in for it, but then that'd be very annoying for the FTP team to know when to do what (with possible mistakes).

Any idea how we could automate the Reply-To: thingy in a REJECTED action, depending on uploader's preference? (not: I'm not volunteering, just trowing a piece of idea... :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)