Rust libraries left broken

Quoting Sylvestre Ledru (2022-04-11 09:34:48)
> Le 11/04/2022 à 01:14, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> > Quoting Sylvestre Ledru (2022-04-10 22:15:47)
> >> Maybe you should join the team, commit there and follow the process
> >> for our packages?  :)
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, but I decline the offer:
> >
> > I am not interested in joining a team where packages should be
> > tracked in one giant git repo.
> >
> > If I am mistaken and that's not a policy in the Rust team - or if
> > the team might consider changing that policy, then I would gladly
> > join.
> It is and it probably won't change (too hard))
>
> I will then have to ask you to stop doing NMU without delays as it
> will make our life harder. :(

Thanks, your kind request is duly noted.

Rust team [discouraging nmudiff] and [not using our BTS], and leaving
packages [very broken], makes our lives harder as well. :-(

 - Jonas

[discourage nmudiff]: See https://bugs.debian.org/998347#28

[not using our BTS]: See https://bugs.debian.org/969609#10

[very broken]: Totally broken for months despite fix being simple
(and notably *not* needing to involve NEW queue):
 * rust-rustls: 6 months FTBFS, https://bugs.debian.org/1007749
 * rust-sha-1: 16 months FTBFS, https://bugs.debian.org/1009123
 * rust-http: 4 months FTBFS, https://bugs.debian.org/988945