Re: proposed MBF: packages still using source format 1.0 [revised proposal]

Lucas Nussbaum dixit:

>column on https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/format10.cgi )

I’m apparently affected at least for cvs, but that package has
another very interesting use case for format 1.0:

Its .diff.gz file can *directly* be used as patch file in no less
than *two* other packaging systems (BSD ports and OpenSuSE build‐
service RPM), and I *do* use it there. It’s possible that other
downstream consumers exist (I was talking a bit with someone from
Gentoo but don’t recall whether anything came out of that).

So, no, the cvs package will not be switching to 3.0 formats, in
order to not break things for downstream users. (Similar cases
exist where compression formats for the .deb binaries are set to
specific values when they are reused; cvs, again, does that so
dowstreams can take the Tₑχ/LᴬTᴇΧ-generated texinfo PDFs from
that and skip the chore of porting texlive to the OS themselves.)

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: Can that CGI output a dd-list? I’m unsure I found all…
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general