Re: Q: systemd-timer vs cron

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:47:27 +0100, Christian Kastner <ckk@debian.org>
wrote:
>Unless cron finds a new maintainer (#984736), I don't think either of
>these are going to happen.

This looks like we all should migrate over to systemd timers as soon
as possible for everything, leaving the burden of keeping cron alive
to those systemd-free distributions.

The anti-systemd faction in Debian is cordially invited to step in,
bring cron and cronie up to shape, before asking the rest of the
Distribution to stick with essential system software that has been
unmaintained for years.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |