getting pinta updated in Debian

Hi all,

I am currently looking into requirements of getting pinta in Debian updated to the latest upstream version.

My problem: I am not at all a .NET developer or maintainer, so this is a piece of work with a steep learning curve for me.

What I found now are AUR packages for pinta (and its dependency dotnet-runtime) that are quite up-to-date:

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/pinta/
https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/dotnet-core/

It basically looks like we need to get dotnet-core into Debian and then update pinta to latest 2.0.2 upstream release and we are done.

However, dotnet-core seems to be massive and I wonder if that can be avoided as its API is provided by something else in Debian. I am asking this possibly stupid question because I am astounded that noone has ever packaged dotnet-core, filed an RFP or ITP for it, etc.

Furthermore, it seems that dotnet-core has been licensed under a DFSG-compliant MIT license variant [1].

Do I miss anything here? Is there a hidden blocker? Or is it just that noone has been interested in dotnet-core (and/or a pinta version bump), so far / recently?

Thanks for feedback!
Mike

[1] https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/main/LICENSE.TXT
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31