Re: History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes

Hi Paul

On 2022/02/22 19:29, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
We don't need to be hostile or expel people for doing things outlined in the
OSS Simple Sabotage Manual, since a lot of that behavior is -- at times --
desirable, but I think we do need a*LOT*  of self-reflection (from*everyone*
who actively engages with Debian politics) to consider our actions, and
determine how (if at all) we feel that we (as individuals) should change.

Thanks for that mail, it was an interesting read and I think I'll try to get a copy of that manual!

As for the paragraph quoted above, I do think we need to deal with people who are indistinguishable from a saboteur. I value my time a lot, and also of those who spend all their love and energy and years of their lives into this project, so I find it incredibly offensive when someone comes and things that it's their god given right to piss all over it and keep wasting everyone's time.

As a courtesy, I think it's fine to tell them that we find that behavior problematic, and that they should stop it if they wish to remain part of the project. But failing that, whether I'm DPL or not, I will strongly campaign with DAM or whoever makes those kind of decisions to kick them out. If we have leadership that can't take those kind of decisions then I'd rather not be part of Debian at all.

-Jonathan