Re: Getting in contact with the i386 porters

On 2022-02-15 12:28, Marc Haber wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have any i386 systems left, there don't seem to
> be any public i386 porterboxes other than 64bit boxes running 32bit
> chroots, and the i386 port traditionally doesn't have a port-specific
> mailing list

Package sbuild-qemu could help you here:

# Build image
$ sudo sbuild-qemu-create --arch i386 -o i386.img unstable
http://deb.debian.org/debian
$ sudo chown <user>:<group> i386.img

# Boot QEMU VM to console
$ sbuild-qemu-boot --arch i386 i386.img

Since this seems to be tied to a particular CPU, you might need to hack
the sbuild-qemu-boot script to include a '-cpu' option for
qemu-system-i386 with a model that is somewhat similar to the Geode LX.

Best,
Christian