Unified workflow for package review

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022, Sébastien Delafond wrote:
> That's where you come into play: it would be nice if you could share
> what are — according to you — the most important projects/improvements
> that Debian ought to make. You can share your ideas here by replying to
> this email, but it would be interesting to file them as new issues in
> the "grow-your-ideas" project and then reply here pointing to your new
> issue:

I filed https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/19 which
states:

# Unified workflow for package review

## The problem

There are many processes in Debian where we want to review Debian packages
in some way:

* when you upload to Debian for the first time (the NEW queue)
* when you upload a stable update
* when you upload a security update (embargoed or not)
* when you upload a backports
* when you upload to mentors.debian.net
* when you sponsor a package for someone else
* when you review a merge request on salsa that changes your packaging rules

All of those have custom workflows, and different but somewhat overlapping
set of checks. Sometimes you have an associated web interface, sometimes
not, but it's never the same web interface.

## Expected situation

We should have a single web service that is able to handle all those
workflows and provide all the inputs that each team needs to make their
decision. It should have a nifty web interface (including with
authentication and restricted access for embargoed security updates) where
people can inspect the packages and approve/reject the packages if they
are part of the affected teams.

## Additional information

Some of the problem space described here is actually part of the reasons
why I decided to start debusine and why we inject Freexian money into
debusine:
https://freexian-team.pages.debian.net/debusine/devel/why.html

We want to improve the review workflow for LTS updates.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁