Re: Embedded buildpath via rpath using cmake

On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 04:41:21PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> Over the last several months, I and others have found quite a few
> packages that embed build paths via rpath when building with cmake.  I
> found myself slowly edging into a mass bug filing, one bug report at a
> time...

Hello Vagrant, does this represent a security problem?

I tried to give this a look myself but didn't know what to look for; I
grabbed a few recent versions of packages:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha_3.4-1_amd64.deb
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/v/vmemcache/libvmemcache0_0.8.1-4_amd64.deb
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fontforge/fontforge_20201107~dfsg-4_amd64.deb

$ find . -type f -exec eu-readelf -d {} \; 2>/dev/null | grep RUNPATH
  RUNPATH           Library runpath: [/usr/lib/ganesha]
  RUNPATH           Library runpath: [/usr/lib/ganesha]
  RUNPATH           Library runpath: [/usr/lib/ganesha]
  RUNPATH           Library runpath: [/usr/lib/ganesha]

Am I on the wrong track?

Thanks