Re: Cloud team plans for cloud-hosted mirrors

On 1/26/22 10:04, Marc Haber wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:38:00 -0800, Ross Vandegrift
<rvandegrift@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 07:25:18AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 21:47:49 -0800, Ross Vandegrift
<rvandegrift@debian.org> wrote:
The cloud team wants to make folks aware of a possible change to the cloud
images.  The team plans to register a new domain, debian.cloud, for mirrors
inside of cloud provider infrastructure.  For such mirrors, sources.list will
look like:
  deb http://<provider>.debian.cloud/debian/ bullseye main

Are the IP ranges of the Cloud Providers registered that badly that
deb.debian.org wouldn't reliably point to the mirrors inside the
provider's infrastructure? Or are the cloud providers' mirrors
differnet from what we expect from a Debian mirror?

deb.debian.org is served from fastly and AWS CDNs - so it's outside of most
cloud provider's infrastructure.

So it is not possible to hook arbitrary mirrors into deb.debian.org
and we're dependent on Fastly and AWS here?

Correct.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)