Re: Lottery NEW queue (Re: Are libraries with bumped SONAME subject of inspection of ftpmaster or not

Am Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 06:50:17PM -0500 schrieb Theodore Y. Ts'o:

> So could the Release Team figure out a way to automatically rebuild
> packages that have source dependencies on static libraries?
>
> This would solve the problem of new binary packages causing a full
> ftpmasters policy review of packages, at least for those who need to
> create new binary packages each time SONAME gets bumped.

If I were a member of the release team I would wait until this thread
might uncover some statement by ftpmaster whether this full review
is actually intended or the waiting time is rather caused by the lack
of an appropriate automatic tool that needs to be written.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de