Re: Lottery NEW queue (Re: Are libraries with bumped SONAME subject of inspection of ftpmaster or not

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 08:48:28PM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> I think this is the second time you write something like this, but for
> dynamically linked libraries, the rebuild happens (by the Release Team,
> (please use transition trackers for that) because we automatically track
> transitions [1]). Unless people don't follow the convention that your binary
> matches the SONAME. But nowadays we find those more and more due to
> autopkgtest (reverse dependencies that fail because they can't find the
> appropriate library). It becomes increasingly more difficult to hide the
> fact that your package is not named appropriately.

So could the Release Team figure out a way to automatically rebuild
packages that have source dependencies on static libraries?

This would solve the problem of new binary packages causing a full
ftpmasters policy review of packages, at least for those who need to
create new binary packages each time SONAME gets bumped.

       	   	  	   	     	    - Ted