Re: generic viewer for md files

Hi Jerome,

Quoting Jerome BENOIT (2022-01-24 10:36:50)
> is there a virtual package for viewing MD documents
> (as the virtual package pdf-viewer is for PDF documents) ?

I assume that by MD you mean markdown...

No, Debian has no general virtual "markdown-viewer" package.

Unlike PDF and DjVu, Markdown is by design sloppy which has lead to a
multitude of "flavors", so I suspect it is unlikely that we can find any
common baseline that such virtual package should promise to provide.

Possibly it would make sense to define a
"commonmark-github-flavored-viewer" since that is a reasonably popular
flavor?

Here are some markdown viewers/editors currently in Debian:

 * grip
 * formiko
 * mdp
 * pampi
 * ghostwriter
 * kookbook
 * retext

Why do you ask? Because you are looking for markdown viewers or because
you are packaging one and want to declare it as such, or...?

 - Jonas