Re: WNPP/ITP/... for Amazon SDK for C++ ?

On 31 December 2021 at 07:51, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| On 30 December 2021 at 22:17, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
| | On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 08:10:50AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| | > My (very informal) packaging has always been in the open (but on GitHub). A
| | > possible first step might be to review the added files in debian/ and in a
| | > first pass edit out all references to 'informal' or 'unofficial' packaging
| | > and making them more official in the cloud team repo -- which I presume is on
| | > salsa?  If you or others want to look, I have this currently at github.com in
| | >
| | >      eddelbuettel/pkg-aws-c-common             common C layer
| | >      eddelbuettel/pkg-aws-checksums            checksum for transport
| | >      eddelbuettel/pkg-aws-c-event-stream       another C layer
| | >      eddelbuettel/pkg-aws-sdk-cpp-only-s3      C++ SDK subset for S3
| |
| | I did some work on aws-c-common & aws-c-event-stream from a PoC of packaging
| | for awscli v2.  Details are in #966573, message 43 [1].

You have a large set there which covers three of the ones I'd need.  Could
you upload these:

  https://salsa.debian.org/rvandegrift/aws-c-common
  https://salsa.debian.org/rvandegrift/aws-checksums
  https://salsa.debian.org/rvandegrift/aws-c-event-stream

to allow partial progress, and a 'base camp' from which we can continue?
(You have quite the load there too...)   Maybe we can then build the AWS SDK
(or parts thereof) we need on top?

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org